What Is WeddingBook®?
WeddingBook® is an invaluable resource for anyone planning a wedding. Unlike most wedding sites today, WeddingBook allows any type of local wedding vendor -- from florists to reception sites to photographers and more -- to participate in its growing directory providing couples free, unbiased access to tens of thousands local wedding businesses. The site offers an unparalleled filtering tool that makes it easy to quickly narrow down options using specific search criteria that match vendors to the tastes and budgets of those planning their special day. After reviewing detailed vendor profile pages along with reviews and endorsements, engaged couples may directly request proposals from multiple vendors in one easy step.
Our mission is simple: To bring transparency to the local wedding market, connecting engaged couples with the right local vendors that best match their tastes, budget and preferences.
WeddingBook has been designed to address the visibility problem in the fragmented local wedding market. Until WeddingBook came along, it was impossible for the to-be-betrothed to easily find and compare all possible local wedding services and vendors using a single resource. The problem is that many existing wedding-focused sites and local directories charge vendors to be listed, thus disclosing only a fraction of local services and professionals actually available. This can be misleading for engaged couples who are typically “first-time buyers” trying to navigate and negotiate unfamiliar territory. A wedding is an emotional, once in a lifetime experience. Shouldn’t couples have the ability to explore all possible options that are aligned with their personal tastes and budgets? We think so!
WeddingBook founder and CEO John Dillon is taking a page from his experience in the online travel sector, attempting to do for local wedding vendors what online travel sites did for local travel suppliers more than a decade ago – exposing more local businesses and options across the Web to offer more access and choice for consumers.
WeddingBook is organizing the local wedding industry into an efficient and transparent marketplace where those getting married can connect and interact with relevant wedding vendors that best match their needs and cost parameters. This ultimately saves everyone involved time and money. Vendors know their marketing efforts are paying off by attracting the right customers interested in their services and engaged couples can easily evaluate all possible options to ensure their day is everything they dreamed it would be…without breaking the bank.
WeddingBook has an ambitious goal-- to profile every single local wedding business in the U.S. We're well on our way, and we're confident that when we're done, there will be many more happy couples and wedding professionals out there. And that makes us happy.
The WeddingBook Difference
Through WeddingBook, engaged couples have more access and choice to search all available local wedding vendors with a filtering tool to narrow their options specifically matched to their tastes and budget. Some of the WeddingBook differences:
For Engaged Couples
- Access to all available vendors – not just the ones that have paid to be included. Unlike other wedding search sites that charge for listings, any wedding vendor can participate in WeddingBook, offering engaged couples greater breadth and depth of choice. Other sites may only show one out of every 15 vendors available in a local market – at best.
- Filtering tool to quickly narrow options. Not all weddings are created equal. WeddingBook offers couples the ability to quickly narrow down choices by selecting criteria such as budget and style to focus on those vendors most aligned with their personal preferences.
- See reviews from previous clients and endorsements by other professionals. Opinions of newlyweds and other professionals offer valuable insight to help evaluate the right services.
- Request proposals directly from multiple vendors in one easy step. Once an engaged couple identifies vendors they are interested in working with, they can request a proposal from these professionals directly through WeddingBook without having to give up their contact details. They are then in control over when they decide to engage with those vendors.
For Wedding Professionals
- Personalized listings and Web pages can be claimed by business owners, for free. Vendors can showcase their flair and better market their services by adding as much content as they’d like to their Web page, including a business description, service details, unlimited photos, and pricing specifics.
- Vendors only pay for business they pursue. Unlike traditional listing models that provide no guarantee of performance or lead models where vendors pay without certainty a client prospect is even interested, WeddingBook’s advertising platform greatly reduces a vendor’s advertising risk. On WeddingBook users request proposals directly from a vendor’s Web page only after they’ve had a chance to review of the vendor’s services and pricing. These “informed requests” are more valuable to vendors who then have complete control over if, and when, they choose to respond. Only when a vendor responds will he/she be charged a “response fee.”
WeddingBook, Inc. is privately funded, backed by successful investors and veterans of the online travel and media sectors, including Stephen Kaufer, founder and CEO of TripAdvisor and Dan Saul, Founder of SmarterTravel Media, along with founder and CEO John Dillon and others – all of whom recognize the that there is a lot of value for both searching couples and wedding vendors by bringing greater transparency to the wedding market and offering pay-per-performance advertising.
For all partnering, content distribution or e-commerce inquiries, please contact Business Development.
For all career opportunity inquiries, please contact Human Resources.
Thank you for your interest in WeddingBook. Please visit our press room.